Project Manager - Technical PM for a Fintech firm that provides a global funds transaction network, connecting many of the world's leading financial organisations.
This role will be responsible for delivering software development and Infrastructure projects in association with the CTO, working alongside the various technical team leaders. The Technical Project Manager will manage, report and where required remediate the various work streams associated with the firm's technical teams, providing cross team liaison as required.
The role will involve detailed technical planning and reporting with other activities as required to deliver projects successfully.
- Implement defined projects as agreed with the CTO and ensure that deliverables are scalable and replicable, working closely with the appropriate technical team leaders.
- Ensure constituent technical projects are appropriately scoped and estimated, using the SCRUM method working closely with technical team leaders and business analysts.
- Work with Calastone Development teams to ensure that outputs are delivered on time, within budget and are fit for business purpose.
- Set milestones and produce KPIs on project progress to support board reporting, exception reporting and management review.
- Ensure that project risks, issues and actions are appropriately documented, tracked and escalated where appropriate.
Required Knowledge & Experience
The role holder will be expected to have technical (IT) project management experience within Financial Services. This experience will be of a sufficiently technical nature that discussion with developers and analysts can be understood, bridging between the worlds of software development using a Microsoft stack and the need to deliver specific business products for financial messaging.
A firm understanding of the technical issues in delivery will be required.
The role holder will display an outcome oriented approach and have an understanding and proven record of delivery.
Solid experience of the agile development method and SCRUM is essential.
Experience of message transformation and exposure to industry standard messaging protocols would be a significant advantage.
- A proactive team player in multi-disciplined, technical, regulatory and analytical environment.
- Ability to work positively with colleagues when resolving issues.
- Passionate about quality with keen attention to detail that allows the smooth delivery of projects.
- Able to identify key details and see the bigger picture at the same time.
- Needs to be able to hold their corner within a spirited work environment.
- Flexible attitude and entrepreneurial approach.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work additional hours where required.