This role will translate business needs and functional designs into functioning software or technology designs and deliver/develop common foundation architecture components that conform to known successful patterns, and that support evolution toward the future-state architecture.
- Analyze enterprise business context to derive technical architecture whilst considering all aspects of technical design i.e. security, performance, scalability and flexibility.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture application implementation or modifications.
- Promote the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Define the technical architectural principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software products.
- Contribute to Internal and 3rd party partner software/technology development processes, and standards with emphasis on delivering quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Design of architecture based upon OO, DRY and SOLID principles.
- Creation of prototypes and/or proof of concepts.
- Participate in or lead on developments.
- Design of Micro Service and N-tier applications based on re-use and scalability.
- Review and provide quality control for technology delivery teams (e.g. design/code review).
- Facilitate the preparation estimates and delivery proposals for technology delivery tasks by 3rd party partners or vendors.
- Provide pragmatic guidance for the adoption of up to date technologies and design patterns.
- Establish constructive working relationships with 3rd party partners, service providers and vendors in delivery of architecture accountabilities.
- Document technical architecture design and analysis work.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Sound commercial experience in the following:
- SQL Server 2012/2016 and Transact-SQL
- Continuous integration and automated deployments preferable with TFS
- Automated unit and system testing
- Experience and knowledge of .Net Web Services
- Design and development of N-tier applications based on re-use and scalability
- Experienced in Full Life Cycle Development
- Knowledge and application of Design Patterns
Commercial experience in some of the following:
- Excel VBA, WPF, WCF, Angular, Messaging and Distributed Caching
- CRM 2015, SharePoint2013, Azure, Cloud Computing
- Experience in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including technical architecture, application and database development
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Modelling and documentation with Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Experience of Software architecture, methodologies and techniques, including architecture frameworks, such as Zachman or TOGAF.
Business Knowledge (Desirable but not essential)
- London Market Insurance Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, negotiation and planning
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies