- To support the in-house built solutions that were developed by an internal team.
- To include issue resolution and user requests through investigation/analysis and subsequent code changes.
- Understanding the data architecture within the business as it relates to data being fed into and out of Front Office and Bespoke Applications. Be able to analyse and source data required for these systems.
- Development and testing of small enhancements to our bespoke tools and processes
- Working closely with the front office developers through the development lifecycle, taking on small tasks as necessary, in order to fully understand the solution as it is being built.
- Maintain our knowledge base of end user and technical guides for bespoke solutions. Ensure that developers adequately document each solution that they release.
- Communicate Solution progress to Sponsors on a regular basis and keep associated work tracking systems up to date.
- Assist the team lead with other initiatives as and when required
Specific to this role, the successful candidate will need to be beginner-intermediate level in the following languages:
Highly desirable is previous experience of:
- Talend (or another ETL tool)
- Web Development Technologies (ASP.NET)
- Front Office Risk Systems
It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate a good understanding of these languages as well as having experience in the support of in-house developed technology solutions.
This role will require that the candidate engages regularly with the Front Office teams. To this end candidates must have a strong, resilient character and be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A good honours degree or better in a discipline with a high mathematical context, e.g. computation, mathematics, physics or engineering.
- Preferably 1-3 years industry experience. We would particularly favour individuals with experience of the fund management industry.
- A thorough understanding of the IT development life-cycle, development framework and methodologies and implementation, with particular emphasis on Agile or RAD.
- An understanding of data and systems architecture as it relates to front office with particular emphasis on quantitative processes.
- Experience of large and varied data sets from multiple data sources in order to conduct analysis and streamline processes.
- Experience of working closely with Front Office teams.
- Experience in the following languages is essential: SQL and C#.
- Experience in the following languages is highly desirable: R, Talend (or another ETL tool), Qlikview/Qliksense and ASP.NET.
- Candidates with experience of Matlab and/or Python will be considered in lieu of R experience.
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of VBA.
- Experience of working with vendor products such as Front Office Risk and Performance Systems, Factset and Bloomberg would be a bonus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
- A strong personality able to withstand exposure to demanding Front Office teams.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate.
- Ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities.
- Able to work in a team.
- A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery.
Ref: BBBH6288_1495032216 | Published: 17th May 2017