1st class C# SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - CAMBRIDGE - £70k
Passionate about maths, statistics and complex algorithms? Are you a talented C# developer? Want to work with likeminded developers?
Technical AND analytical C# developer is currently required for a leading financial company based in Cambridge. My client is developing the world's leading risk management software suite and is looking for a developer to add to their leading technical team. You will be working on a world-class risk analytics and financial modelling software platform which already enables companies, to build and execute financial models. This is an evolving role that will cover a wide range of tasks such as:
- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit), developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases,
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Documenting requirements analysis or design decisions,
- Mentoring junior members of the team and taking a lead role for some of the above activities.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- Software development experience using C# .NET,
- Extensive full software development lifecycle: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment,
- Extensive experience with software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools,
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities,
- Ability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures and algorithms which are also easy to test, debug and maintain,
- High numeracy skills, ideally degree-educated with a 1stor at least 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science.
- Passion for maths, statistics and complex algorithms.