This individual will join them at an exciting time as significant investment is made in a new policy administration system and e-Commerce portal. The Analyst will be a member of a multi-disciplined change and support team, responsible for oversight of the new systems and decommissioning of the legacy applications. This platform roll out is part of a multi-year programme, initially for the Direct business followed by the remainder of the UK.
Thorough experience in Online Application Support and a deep understanding of insurance e-Commerce sites is highly desirable.
- Ensure the business receives a high quality of service from supported applications,
- Own and manage high priority Incidents, producing post incident reports and drive through root cause analysis through to resolution,
- Support and configuration of web applications,
- Maintain the health of applications and carry out regular housekeeping tasks,
- Work with Projects to ensure that all planned changes are fit for production and support governance is fully adhered to, as well as providing consultancy throughout the lifecycle,
- Proactively seek methods of improving both IT and business processes.
- Experience of supporting and monitoring high transaction websites and web applications
- Ideally have knowledge and experience of working in the Insurance services sector,
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Be self-motivated with a can do attitude in responding to the challenges presented by supporting a portfolio of applications,
- Be a proactive member of the team, taking responsibility for identifying and driving through process improvement,
- Strong business and customer-facing skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with customers at all levels
- Internal corporate experience in supporting a consumer facing, high transaction website and web applications including the following:
- Troubleshooting website operational and performance issues,
- Experience in utilising application monitoring and web analytical tools, such as Gomez, Dynatrace, Splunk and SOAP UI to resolve issues,
- Good analytical and leadership skills, required to facilitate incident resolution through coordination with various teams across the IT function.
- Experience of working with teams, both on and off-shore
- Experience in leading communications to Business users to explain issues, impacts, status, investigation steps, short term mitigation, potential root causes, etc.
- Strong understanding of web/application transactional systems including:
- Front End Web Servers, IIS, Apache UI, JVMs, XML via SOAP UI
- Integration with external systems such as payment processing gateways, email notifications, address validation services and other various API,
- Vsphere; SQL Management Studio (ability to write and execute SQL queries and produce reports).