Systems Analyst required to join the Trading Support Team within a London based Asset Manager. This role will provide global technical and functional support to the London Fixed Income, FX and Equity trading desks.
The Trading Support Team provides support for all aspects of trading, including trader workspaces/infrastructure, automated tools, post-trade confirmation and allocation processes. Our proprietary Order Management Systems (OMS) allow Traders to electronically receive, place, execute, allocate and confirm orders via multiple 3rd party execution platforms and dealers. The team plays a significant role in gathering requirements and prioritising enhancements in addition to general monitoring and user-support given the proprietary nature of the systems.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight for all aspects of the trader desktop & infrastructure environments, including hardware/software installations, AV technology, changes and configurations
- Level 1 (and some level 2) support of proprietary and 3rd party applications running on Wellington trading desks.
- Working directly with Traders and Trade Coordinators to resolve issues and capture enhancement requests.
- Collaborating with Business and IT teams regarding trade-related requests.
- Preparing operational readiness, rollout and training for new versions of applications.
- Incident/problem management, including follow through using the ITIL framework.
- Testing new software and vendor interfaces.
- Project management; small to medium size projects.
- Contributing to documentation repository.
- Relevant experience supporting Equity, Fixed Income, FX Trading.
- Broad knowledge of technology and end-to-end trading flows.
- Familiarity with pre and post-trade compliance, confirmation and settlement flows.
- Hands-on experience in PC hardware (desktop & laptop) and general infrastructure equipment
- Knowledge of execution platforms such as Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess and futures execution platforms such as FlexTrade.
- Exposure to algorithmic and strategy trading, OASYS, and Omgeo CTM is desired.
- Solid understanding of remote computing technologies (VPN, Terminal Server, Citrix, Broadband), mobile computing devices (iPhone/iPad/Android), and internet/intranet technology
- Strong SQL skills.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or equivalent is preferred) with 3-5 years of frontline technical support in Financial Services. Asset management experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced and global oriented team.
- This position requires some early, late and weekend shift coverage.