Senior Network Engineer - London
Responsible for analysing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. Perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. Provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as computer science.
- Current CCNP certification.
- Four to six years' network experience.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Sound working knowledge of network infrastructure, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP and in particular Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, Citrix NetScaler and Riverbed appliances.
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support.
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Must be team oriented.
- Willing to work shifts between 08:00 - 18:00
- Willing to work late and weekends on an as needed basis.
- Willing to travel to UK, European and US offices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc.).
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, and routers for access to vital business applications.
- Design, document, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure wireless networks.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Wide Area and Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, etc.
- Work with Application Development teams when designing a new platform.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorised users.
- Collaborate with the network administration team in Houston.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.