Senior Java Developer
- Experience in the full SDLC, preferably using agile with scrum or Kanban.
- A development background in core Java, Java Web applications and/or Web services.
- Experience using
- Java application servers (JBoss, WebSphere, TomEE)
- SQL and stored procedures (Oracle, SQL Server)
- testing frameworks and tools (JUnit, JMockit, Mockito, DbUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, Fitnesse, Selenium, WebDriver)
- version control tools (Subversion, Git)
- build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- crucible, fisheye, bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson
- a strong desire to develop 'clean code'
- a quality-focused, test-driven approach to the design and development of software, as well as promoting/enhancing team best practice and conventions.
- Have an interest in financial services, particularly the life insurance industry.
- Strong desire to improve and happy to challenge the status quo
- Adaptable and keen to learn new techniques/technologies
- Good communication skills and be willing to contribute in team technical discussions
- Motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising the development processes.
- Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a diverse team environment.
- Client-facing mind-set