An established and leading Software provider are after an experienced Senior Java Developer who can bring fresh ideas but also be themselves, yet pragmatic. Your leadership qualities and ability to think outside of the box will add value.
It is a challenging but exciting role which will involve a journey from traditional technology moving into latest and innovative technology.
As a Java Developer, you will have the freedom and independance to implement any ideas/changes you have but also collaboarate within a team. It is an opportunity to create a lasting legacy whilst also developing proffesionally.
You will also have flexible working and can work from home up to 2/3 times a week.
- Experience in the full SDLC, preferably using agile with scrum or Kanban.
- A development background in core Java, Java Web applications and/or Web services.
- Experience using
- Java application servers (JBoss, WebSphere, TomEE)
- SQL and stored procedures (Oracle, SQL Server)
- testing frameworks and tools (JUnit, JMockit, Mockito, DbUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, Fitnesse, Selenium, WebDriver)
- version control tools (Subversion, Git)
- build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- crucible, fisheye, bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson
- a strong desire to develop 'clean code'
- a quality-focused, test-driven approach to the design and development of software, as well as promoting/enhancing team best practice and conventions.
- Have an interest in financial services, particularly the life insurance industry.
Ref: BBBH6121_1493387905 | Published: 28th Apr 2017