Senior Network & Security Specialist - 3rd Line Support - Up to £50k
Senior Network & Security Specialist required to work within a team supporting the business globally. The main focus of the role will provide essential 3rd Line Network and Security operational support as well as working closely with projects to plan document and deliver infrastructure components. The ability to communicate effectively with other teams (technical and non technical) though clear documentation is very important to this role, as such we would expect the successful candidate to provide evidence of previous work if selected for interview.
- Assist the Network & Security TDA to manage the data and security network costs, by ensuring 3rd party network costs are appropriate for services provided
- Assist the Network & Security TDA to ensure data links and voice circuit contracts and maintenance are all fit for purpose, kept up to date and cancelled promptly when appropriate.
- Act as a Technical Lead and primary technical contact for key technical areas and an ambassador for the team.
- Manage the provision of services from third-party infrastructure service suppliers as assigned.
- Provide estimates on costs for projects. These include resource estimates as well as hardware and services.
- Ensure that the operational service is maintained resulting in zero downtime through constant management of the network & security environment
- Be a graduate, or of graduate calibre
- Have a strong Network and Security background, with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a can do attitude for delivering IT support
- Have proven technical solution design skills, and a good understanding of technology developments.
Key requirements (Mandatory)
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco NX-OS and IOS, supporting Routers and Switches (commonly Cisco ASR1000 and Juniper MX5, ISR 44xx , 29xx , Nexus 7k,5k,3k and 2k, 4500, 2960), knowledge of OSPF,BGP,QoS and ideally at least CCNP certified, CCIE preferred.
- WAN connectivity including Site to Site VPNs , VPLS and MPLS
- F5 Loadbalancers (LTM/GTM/APM) and Netscaler Gateway (SDX/VPX)
- Checkpoint Firewall experience including HA , Virtual Systems and vSec
- ASA firewall experience including multiple contexts and HA
Key requirements (Desirable)
- Experience of managing Juniper SRX firewalls including HA along with Security Director and Log Collector
- Proxy experience mainly Bluecoat and zScaler
- WLAN controllers including OEAP connectivity
- Azure Express Route and Amazon Direct Connect experience
- CISCO ISE
- Infoblox DNS and DHCP
- Imperva Web Application Firewall
- Two Factor Authentication (RSA and Google Authenticator)
- Automation experience - Terraform , Puppet , Powershell , Python
- Preferable to have exposure to virtualized environments utilising VMWare, Citrix Xendesktop and Xenapp
You will be joining a growing team in an establoshed international organisation seeking to evolve into the future. You will be encoruaged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions. If you are passionate and dedicated to IT and infrastructure then this forward thinking company is a great place to advance your career to the next level. Apply now to learn more.