Senior Infrastructure Specialist required to work with the team to support the business globally. The primary focus of the role will be to provide essential 3rd line Compute operational support as well as working on projects to plan, document and deliver infrastructure components.
The ability to communicate effectively with other teams (technical and non technical) through clear documentation is very important to this role, as such we would expect the successful candidate to provide evidence of previous work if selected for interview.
- Manage and provide 3rd line support for platforms in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes.
- Proactively manage IT infrastructure to minimise business disruption and identify and drive initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the infrastructure services.
- Provide input to the infrastructure strategy for Compute platforms and undertake solution design for infrastructure projects.
- Ensure that assigned IT service incidents are managed effectively and root cause problem analysis is undertaken where appropriate to reduce the number and severity of future operational incidents.
- Identify where knowledge can be shared with other IT Services staff to improve the effectiveness of IT Services, and help develop the knowledge and skills of others in the IT Services team.
- Act as a Technical Lead and primary technical contact for key technical areas.
- Manage the provision of services from third-party infrastructure services suppliers.
- Experience working in Enterprise environments.
- Demonstrable experience using VMware products and services with strong hands on skills using command line and troubleshooting break fix scenarios.
- A strong understanding of storage with experience managing enterprise storage arrays and fibre channel SANs (including boot from SAN); such as HPE 3Par and Brocade
- Strong knowledge and experience of HPE blade technology and working in a highly converged datacenter environment.
- A strong scripting background using tools such as PowerShell.
- Strong experience, knowledge and understanding of DR strategies.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems including troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Demonstrable experience of using deployment tools; such as Terraform and Puppet.
- Demonstrable experience of using Patch Management tools; such as Shavlik or WSUS.
- Demonstrable technical solution design skills such as the creation of High Level and Low Level designs and a good understanding of technology developments.
- Experience working within project management and project delivery environments.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment with rapidly evolving targets and to prioritise work effectively.
- Self motivated, confident and decisive, with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a "can do" attitude to meeting business needs.
- Solid influencing and communication skills and the ability to manage suppliers effectively.
- A good team player, working with other IT and business professionals in an effective manner.
You will be joining a growing team in an establoshed international organisation seeking to evolve into the future. You will be encoruaged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions. If you have an appreciation of DevOps principles and infrastructure code principles, and are keen to progress your career to the next level, then apply now to learn more.