(Senior) Data Scientist (m/w)
For the Data Analytics department of a leading insurance company in Munich, we are currently looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist.
- Active participation in existing and new big data projects
- Central provision of know-how, tools and techniques for data analysis
- Use analytical methods to guide and counsel operational units
- Conduct research on methods and technologies to highlight potentially competitive advantages
- Develop analytical solutions that enable operational units to improve the quantity and quality of their businesses.
- Networking with already existing data-intensive units in the area of analysis and reporting, and with IT to form an analytics community
- Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or related field
- Sound knowledge of business intelligence tools and relevant statistical tools such as SAS and R
- In-depth knowledge and multiple years experience in the application of analytical methods (statistical modelling, machine learning, text mining, cognitive computing, data visualisation, web crawling, or other relevant knowledge)
- Deep understanding of data structures and data management
- Ability to identify and process external data sources
- Experience in insurance / reinsurance industry an advantage
- High level of flexibility and an innovative mindset
- Very good German and English language skills, and willingness to travel
For a confidential conversation about the next step in your career please send us your CV.
Key words: data science, data scientist, business intelligence, analytics, machine learning, statistical modelling, text mining, data mining, cognitive computing, data visualisation, web crawling, predictive analytics, statistics, SAS, R, insurance, Versicherung, Munich, München
Ref: BH4383 | Published: 23th Sep 2017