*Project Manager - Contract - Whole Systems Development - £350-£450 per day - Local Authority - 6-12 Months - Central London*
Provider to Provider Whole Systems Development [Dec 16 - Dec 17]
Business Need for the Post:
- Urgent business needs have emerged associated with the appointment of a new lead provider for Community Independence Services by health (Central and North West London NHS Trust) and move towards a fully integrated model of service delivery. This is happening at pace and starting with the Trusts' management of borough Heads of Service from 1st November 2016. This is to be followed over the next few months by transfer of lead budget management responsibility for some aspects of borough CIS services and greater depth of workforce management and an associated full S75 provider to provider agreement.
- The CIS portfolio of services across the boroughs totals £8,850k and over 50 FTEs. The Interim Head of Service does not have the capacity to meet the many requirements for ensuring that the above noted change is managed to protect the boroughs interest and deliver the benefits of integrated working. Further whilst the Heed of Service's operational management of CIS services will reduce in some areas their portfolio of responsibility will be extended shortly to provider interim management cover for hospital discharge services as the post holder is leaving. The Trust led 100 day action plan for 'adopting, adapting and improving the service' was initiated on 1st November 2017 and requires borough representation and involvement across all work streams.
- There is a wider ambition for the ASC Department to be a strategic commissioning function in the future and transformation and savings business cases set out for integrating directly provided services including hospital discharge services work with provider Trusts. This role will support further development and delivery of this work which totals £1.6m across the three boroughs for delivery in 2018/19.
The focus of the Role:
The role will provide the additional organisational, technical and relationship management capacity that the Interim Head of Service requires including.
- Supporting and where required leading the work of underpinning governance and delivery structures.
- Facilitating re-design and development work including the production of associated outputs.
- Working to the mandate of the Interim Head of Services championing and supporting the delivery of change on the ground.
- Providing the lead management for the ASC led work stream of the mobilisation phase of the above noted Joint Commission.
- Section 75, business case and service re-design and restructure development.
The Person: While a number of areas of work are in train, this person will need to be flexible and used to operating in complex environments with competing pressures and demands. They will thrive on opportunity to support delivery of a major and complex change agenda and will be supported by the Interim Head of Service and Transformation team specialists to succeed. Experience of hands on delivery improving health and/or social care services is essential along with a clear understanding of the vital role that high quality Community Independence and Hospital Discharge services play. Most important will be experience of end to end complex project management with a track record of successfully managing relationships to delivering tangible service and financial benefits.
If interested in the opportunity, please get in contact with Isaac Miller on email@example.com or 020 3405 3517