The highlights of the role include working across a diverse range of subjects/solutions, with a broad range of different people across different lines of business and external organisations, having a defined career path and wide opportunities at this large FTSE100 employer.
- Provide day-to-day project management working closely with your client, workstream leads, subject matter experts, third parties and the project office team (PMO), delivering large or complex internal/external projects as required, and deliver against a revenue/sales target to be agreed with you on a yearly basis.
- Achieve project delivery deadlines within scope, budget.
- Drive high quality client project delivery, operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure standard templates and project materials, such a risk logs, action plans, project plans are used consistently.
- Ensure each deliverable is produced efficiently and adds value to the project.
- Act as a point of contact for other parts of business to respond to general project management queries and proposals.
- Provide "firefighting" support and direction to ensure projects which have gone off course to get back on track and under control.
- Carry out continual project reviews and ensure thorough tranche reviews are carried out at appropriate project milestones.
- Support resourcing allocation and work flow management across the project office for all live and pipeline projects.
- Support scoping and pricing activity for new projects as required in conjunction with the RS management team.
- Draft and support the creation of project management materials, case studies and client testimonials for new business proposals and marketing materials as required in conjunction with the RS management team.
- Assist RS management to promote best practices and new ideas internally within EMEA, managing key relationships with each business area where project management support is provided.
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness with communication and broad stakeholder management skills when dealing with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Support, coach, train and mentor team members on project management both within and outside the RS team.
- Ensure high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction is achieved on project delivery measured through Professional Excellence (PE) audits, Client First feedback and project close down feedback.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to support clients with wider solution propositions and develop deeper relationships. Measured through levelling up opportunities and file audit
- Actively pursue new work involving project management, prepare proposals and attend new work pitches.
- Support the delivery of RS continuous improvement programme with demonstrable contributions towards efficiency, product development and project implementation. Improvement documented through the year at regular review sessions with the Programme Manager
- Ensure all RS projects are delivered using RS protocols and Prince 2 methodology on time and within budget. Measured through PE audits, project office audits as well as PM and client team feedback.
- Support meeting RS Project Management (PM) revenue goals as defined within the annual business plan through encouraging appropriate project management on client facing projects and balance of chargeable and non-chargeable time within the PM and project office team.
- Drive billing and revenue realisation on projects to ensure all due revenues are banked on time. Where issues occur, immediate escalation to the senior team must be evidenced on file.
The successful candidate will be a Project Manager with a professional pensions background and Prince 2 qualified. Capable of demonstrating excellent planning, organising and negotiation skills, commercial acumen, effective communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to identify and efficiently resolve issues, and very strong stakeholder management experience. It will be an advantage to have experience in delivering pensions de-risking projects (such as plan design changes, pension increase exchanges, retirement transfer options, buy-in, buy-out and longevity transactions).
- Strong background in large scale project management delivery with significant experience within the pensions industry and/or financial services is essential
- Prince 2 qualified ideally with Microsoft Project skills
- Other pensions industry qualifications would be an advantage such as the Pensions Management Institute Associateship or Fellowship
- Experience of managing several projects simultaneously
- A clear, concise and confident communicator of complex project issues - covering both verbal and written communication skills
- Practical experience in managing and controlling project budgets, the billing process and pricing and scoping new work
- Experience in working with clients, third parties, or in supplier and customer relationships
- Experience in leading/presenting at multi-discipline meetings
- Experience in preparing (or reviewing) TW project reports, reporting from third parties involved in your projects and other outputs for client delivery
- Experience of managing, coaching and mentoring individual team members