For one of our award-winning clients we are currently looking for Senior and Leads Analyst to join a brand new Geo-Analytics practice.
The positions include around 30% travel time on average.
- Work hand in hand with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Scientific Modellers and Scientific Programmers to create relevant insights and to support case teams
- Provide both consultation on analytics subject matter expertise and hands-on support to case teams, focusing on GeoAnalytics, advanced analytics tools, modelling, and visualisation.
- Business requirement gathering and analysis
- Gather, assess, organise and clean data for geospatial analysis
- Plan and execute high quality geospatial analysis of large data sets, analysing and interpreting collected data to meet project requirements
- Provide customised analytical insights for client work, prepares accurate, well developed documents and visualisations.
Education & Experience
- Advanced degree in geography, statistics, or geo-statistics, operations research, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or other related field
- 2-5+ years of relevant industry or related consulting experience with a focus on geospatial analysis
- Experience of working in an international exnvironment is preferred
- Highly analytical skills, paired with excellent communication skills
- Complete fluency in English, other languages are desirable
- Experience in one or more of the following topics:
- Data management skills (e.g. data modeling, data integrity QA/QC, database administration)
- Geospatial data visualisation and analytics (specialties such as cluster detection, geo-statistical methods, spatio-temporal modeling)
- Network analysis (location-allocation, travelling sales person, vehicle routing problem)
- Predictive modeling (logistic regression, linear regression, etc.)
- Familiarity with a broad base of analytical tools (one or more of the following):
- GIS toolkits (ESRI, Quantum GIS, MapInfo or similar)
- Web Mapping portals (MapBox, CartoDB)
- SQL, including geospatial types and functions
- R, SAS, SPSS
- ESRI Network Analyst, RouteSmart, RoadNet, llamasoft Supply Chain Guru or similar
- Programming or scripting experience preferred (e.g. SQL (including spatial objects and functions), Python, Perl, C#, VBA, Java)