Overview of role
This Lead Analyst Developer will be joining an agile delivery team and be responsilbe for:
- Leading development and build tasks
- Contributing to the analysis and testing of working software
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Supporting the System Team
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
- Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills and experiences
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Committing to developing the team through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
- Design and support the development and implementation of automated processes to support the client lifecycle.
General and Technical skills
- Good system analysis and design skills, with knowledge of approaches such as Domain Driven Design.
- A strong preference for test driven development, and automated acceptance / integration tests and good understanding of test frameworks, mocking tools, etc.
- A good understanding of system architecture approaches, such as REST/ WebApi, messaging, micro-service / service-oriented architectural approaches, CQRS, Event Sourcing
- Will ideally have an understanding of institutional client on-boarding and associated client lifecycle activities.
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Wide experience of software development across a number of different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience
- Very high level of technical skill using development tools, frameworks and programming languages, specifically required for delivery
- Very high level of technical capability in respect of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Good understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Good understanding of how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) are preferred
- Passionate about mastering and innovating best practice in software development
- Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances