Lead Analyst - Advanced Analytics
For one of Venquis' key clients, an award-winning Tier 1 management consultancy, we are currently looking for a Lead Analyst - Advanced Analytics to join their innovative Analytics Solutions practice based in Düsseldorf.
The ideal candidate will pair project management experience, excellent communication skills as well as solid technical understanding.
The role is located in the heart of Düsseldorf and will require around 30% travel on average.
- Using your analytics expertise, you will offer and sell innovative solutions to internal stakeholders, as well as to multi-sector external clients on an executive level.
- Manage projects, standardise internal processes and continuously maintain the quality of analytics output.
- Work hand in hand with consulting teams and attend propsal pitches at the clients site when required.
- Provide customised analyses for client work
- Design databases and analyse client data
- Oversee the documentation and execution of consulting team requests and provide quality assurance according to company guidelines.
- Shape the Advanced Analytics agenda in partnership with senior management.
- Support the development and improvement of Advanced Analytics standards, guidelines, approaches, methods and methodologies.
- Acts as project lead for large scale and cross-staffed projects
- Develop and train junior Analytics team members.
- Completed studies (Bachelors/Masters) in statistics, mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, geo-informatics, industrial engineering or other related field (economics, operations research).
- 4+ years indsutry experience (ideally as a Data Scientist or Analyst) OR 2+ years in consulting.
- Proven project managment skills and experience of working and influencing within a matrix organisation.
- Highly analytical, ability to synthesise complex data, manage complex analyses and understand system capabilities and constraints.
- Fluent in both German AND English.
- Geo-analytics background or practical experience in the analysis of Location-based data
- Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, Amazon Redshift, Python or Teradata/Hadoop
- Relational databases (MS Access, MS SQL Server, etc.), MS Excel, VB/VBA
- Knowledge in Statistical methods (Regression Analysis, Factor Analysis, Decision trees etc.)
For consideration please send us your CV / project list, including academic certificates and salary expectations. We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss the position and your requirements further.
Key words: analytics, data, big data, data mining, data science, data scientist, expert, statistics, statistical analysis, statistical methods, mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, industrial engineering, management, manager, stakeholder management, Regression Analysis, Factor Analysis, Decision trees, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, Amazon Redshift, Python, Teradata, Hadoop, Relational databases, MS Access, MS SQL Server, MS Excel, VB/VBA, Düsseldorf, in-house consulting, GPS, Geoanalytics, GIS, Internet of Things, IoT
Ref: BH4332 | Published: 20th Nov 2016