A South Coast Ferry Operator are looking for a Head of Engineering to formulate and implement the engineering plan to support the business through change.
The Head of Engineering will ensure that assets are available to support the business plan, is safe to operate and compliant with regulations at all times.
- Lead and develop the Engineering and Maintenance team to support the business strategy
- Create, implement and sustain best practice in engineering strategy and processes to enhance business performance and safety
- Drive KPIs across all areas of the engineering function to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality standards
- Prepare the annual engineering budget and forecast and all capital expenditure proposals
Key skills and experience:
- Cross-industry experience, preferably within rail / aviation / oil and gas / marine engineering
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading and engineering function supporting a safety critical and customer orientated operations
- Gets the big picture but able to drill down to the detail
- Able to delegate and develop others