We are looking for a systems/data analyst who is technically inclined and is interested in learning how to write transformations using desktop tools. This is not a coding position, the team consists of developers to assist and support. The candidate must have at least 3-5 years financial industry experience and knowledge of trade life cycle and back office operations. The bulk of the work is to transform from one xml format to another which often takes the form of industry standard messages such as fpML, FIX and ISO 20022/15022.
Key duties include:
- Analyse business, system and data requirements.
- Collaborate with Developers, Team Leads, Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Testers.
- Working with examples will not give you enough information to write a transformation you will need to source all the possible data values and understand the business logic behind those values.
- The tool used in the role is GUI based and supports the construction of re-usable components that model XML documents and their mappings. You will need to build these components when new transformations are required and you will need to manage these requirements when either the source or target changes.
- The tool has an inbuilt testing framework which needs to grow to cover any scenario that the transformations cover.
- The transformations are checked into source control where they effectively become available for a developer to add the transformation into the integration pipeline.
- Contribute towards the estimating process
Extensive knowledge and proven track record in project delivery using:
- Data Analysis
- Financial messaging standards, including fpML, ISO20022, FIX
- Relational Databases (Oracle, Sybase)
- SQL Queries
- XML, XSD and CSV
- Build and integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins)
- Unit Testing, Regression Testing and Code Coverage
Exposure to and good understanding of:
- Fund management/Investment banking
- Portfolio Management, Order Management and Trading Systems
- Equity, Bonds and OTC instruments and lifecycles
- Middle and back office functions
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of the Trace Financial 'Transformer' product
- Personable individual with good communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable when dealing with IT and Business.
- Good analytical and written skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and articulate them.
- Attention to detail as well as being able to see the bigger strategic picture.