For one of Venquis' leading retail clients we are currently searching for a Data Engineer Big Data. You will be responsible for interacting with the internal data science teams and exploring company-wide as well as external data sources to improve the generation of customer insights.
- Be a central driver of the Big Data Technolgy Roadmap
- Analyse and explore multiple data sources to uncover data quality, accessibility and relevance
- Application development for end user insights consumption
- Within the big data platform you'll be responsible for programming data transformation routines from initial data consumption to the final data mart layer
- Liaising with data scientist and analysts
- Be responsible for the implementation of a data governance concept.
- Completed studies in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Relevant work or project experience in the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Scala and Java
- Knowledge of SQL and Relational database management systems
- Experience in data modeling as well as with data visualisation tools
- Fluent written and spoke English skills, German would be a bonus
For consideration please send us your CV as well as your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch for an initial discussion. Feel free to call me on +49 (0)89 2109 3906 for more information.
Ref: BH5318 | Published: 01th Dec 2016