Job Title: Business Analyst
Scope: To provide analysis skill, advice and experience to any IT software enhancement prioritised within the IT Department or the Application Roadmap.
Accountabilities: To ensure that the business solutions developed, either internally or externally by third parties, are fully defined and understood. The solutions should always meet the business requirements based on the current and new business processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Gathering, understanding, documenting and validating business requirements, by engaging with a full range of stakeholders from sponsor to end user.
- Translating the business requirements into a set of functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Providing detailed estimates for all business analysis tasks.
- Leading the business departments in the creation, amendment and/or refinement of their business processes, whilst ensuring they retain ownership for them.
- Acting as the communication link between the business stakeholders and all solution providers, whether internal developers, third party software vendors or a mixture.
- Working collaboratively with third party software vendors to ensure outsourced work packages are clearly documented and understood.
- Developing a detailed understanding of existing systems including the documentation and identification of their business owners.
Testing & Validation
- Leading and/or assisting in the preparation of IT-led and user-led test packs (scenarios and/or scripts).
- Leading and/or assisting the execution of IT-led testing
- Planning and coordinating user acceptance testing with business teams
- Working with internal or external development teams to log, triage, prioritise and resolve defects with the new software solutions
Go Live Preparations
- Assisting the business departments with software training prior to the deployment of a project or change - generally by training the trainer (usually key end users on the project team).
- Assisting the project team with the pre- and post-implementation tasks e.g. change controls, release testing, implementation support, handover to support, transition to business as usual support.
Change Process & Project Management
- Assisting the ERP Project Manager or IT Director with the creation of initiation documents for new work packages, enhancements and/or projects.
- Assisting the IT Director with the stakeholder analysis for each enhancement or project to ensure that the roles and responsibilities of all parties are defined, communicated and understood (IT, business & third parties).
- Assisting the IT Director with third party software and external vendor evaluations.
- Occasionally, leading the above three project management tasks on behalf of the IT Director
- Leading discussions with business teams to agree objectives, scope, business benefits and business acceptance criteria.
- Presenting well considered ideas and solutions to avoid or overcome project risks and issues.
- Reviewing and improving the development methodology used for enhancements and projects to deliver improved pace, productivity and quality.
- A team player with a proven track record in supporting software change.
- A naturally inquisitive mind with a personal interest in the multichannel retail technology sector.
- Conscientious and thorough, with an ambition to deliver quality software solutions.
- A quick learner, able to understand the demands of an ambitious and growing Retail business.
- Able to organise, manage and prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Good knowledge of writing requirements and specifications for Information Systems.
- Able to communicate at all levels: from CEO down to End User.
- Able to facilitate stakeholder workshops and chair meetings efficiently.
- Excellent MS Office skills, including process modelling tools (Mandatory) e.g. Visio, Lucidchart
- Practical experience delivering software enhancements using agile and waterfall development methodologies (mandatory)
- Good knowledge of Hybris eCommerce platform (desirable), MS Dynamics NAV 2015 and ETL/API processes (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of SSRS and Basic SQL query-writing skills (mandatory)
- Experienced in Retail projects involving online transactional websites, call centre applications and/or point of sale systems.
- Minimum of three years experience working in the Retail industry, although would consider travel or telecoms also.
- Experience of the whole solution development lifecycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between.
- Relevant experience interacting directly with senior stakeholders and end users.
- Recent experience working with third parties to deliver outsourced software changes.
- Experience working in a fast paced, demanding and growing organisation.
- Experience working with e-commerce, ERP and order processing systems