The successful applicant will be repsonsible for the migration of existing on-premise workloads to the Azure platform and ensure that the ROI is delivered and be accountable in ensuring the resilience, security and adaptability of our core Cloud platform infrastructure
The APL will line manage the Cloud team of 5 professionals but also work very closely with our existing on-premise infrastructure team as they begin to learn how to migrate workloads to Azure.
Working with the our infrastructure architects & SME's, along with our DevOps centre of excellence (Platform Services) the APL will push our IT capabilities forward to ensure we are realizing a high degree of business resilience coupled with a high pace of change.
- Line management of the Cloud team
- Lead the Cloud team on Azure implementations, help build design blueprints and supporting application teams migrate to the Cloud
- Support these teams in the design and decision making process to ensure adherence to best practise
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies
- Evangelise the concepts of Infrastructure as Code
- Build automated delivery capabilities using Puppet and other Infrastructure as Code tooling
Essential skills and experience
- Deep and demonstrable experience of having worked on an Azure platform with working applications with production usage in an Enterprise - bring real world "battle scars" from large scale deployments
- Strong general technical skills across the infrastructure spectrum (networks, AD, databases etc.
- Ability to influence and gain consensus across a diverse range of teams.
- Hands on experience with tooling in the Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Agile and other DevOps related spaces
Highly valued technical skills
- Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS services
- Express Route/ VPN
- Azure AD / AD Connect /ADFS
- 0365 Integration
- Cloud Security
- Bamboo or other CI tooling
- Java /.net / Ruby - or other programming language
- Jira & Confluence
- SQL Server
Ref: BBBH6381_1498055163 | Published: 21th Jun 2017