*Applications Support Team Lead - Contract - Retail - Negotiable Day Rate - 6 Months - Surrey/South London Area*
Currently working with a retailer based in South London that require an application Support Team Lead. They require a contractor to cover a maternity leave post which will be a minimum of 6 months subject to further extensions.
Please see details below;
Role Title: Application Support Team Leader
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Line Manager Responsibilities:
Application Support Analyst
Web Support Analyst
How does this Role support fulfilling Our Vision:
Maximising the availability of IT applications to the application users through the effective resolution of IT Incidents and Service Requests, thus enabling colleagues to perform their own business roles.
Summary of Key Activities:
1) Support the Technology team to deliver the company and department strategy, being an ambassador for the Technology department, demonstrating high levels of customer service and being recognised as a technical authority
2) Provide leadership to the Application support team and develop a high performing team with a commercial and delivery focused culture, ensuring team members have clear objectives and clear role direction
3) To coach and mentor the Application support team, understanding development needs and skill gaps within the team and provide suitable development plans
4) Provide hands on Application and integration support and maintenance. Resolving incidents and service requests assigned to the ticket queue, liaising with other members of IT and the user community as appropriate, ensuring that business impact is minimised and that steps to mitigate future reoccurrence (reduce likelihood and/or business impact) are identified and followed up.
5) Ensure documentation that falls within the scope of Application support is produced and maintained to a high quality.
6) Service Management - To manage the Application support teams workload, prioritise and understand impact of support tickets, ensuring defined SLA's are measured and met.
7) To build relationships with service partners and ensure all services are delivered to the appropriate level of quality and agreed SLA. To participate in Service Review meetings
8) Building and maintaining relationships with key application user colleagues (internal and external), delivering excellent levels of service and managing expectations as appropriate.
9) Integrating the support of new applications and small changes into existing support processes, actively participating in training/handover sessions to acquire the necessary knowledge, producing new documentation and sometimes assisting in the design and deployment
10) Proactively seeking out ways to improve the service provided and driving the improvements through to delivery
11) Providing out of hours and bank holiday support when required, on a rota basis.
12) Meeting the Company`s Values.
Key Skills Required;
Managerial skills Required
Strong in managing team workload, incident and problem management
Attention to detail
Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Strong interpersonal skills
Technical Skills Desirable (one or some of the following): -
Understanding of SQL
Understanding of supporting integration & web services
Application Skills Desirable : -
Experience with an ERP platform
Retail Systems including ePOS
Messaging or integration platforms (e.g. Mulesoft)
Retail Experience Desirable but not necessary
If interested, please contact me immediately on; firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3405 3517