£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
mehr als 1 Jahr
Senior Networks Engineer - Azure - London - (70,000-£75,000)+Benefits
(Fully remote / Interviews immediately)
Hit the floor running with a specialist global organisation who are undergoing a major technology transformation and modernising its entire IT estate (infrastructure, applications, systems etc). The Senior Network Engineer will be part of the Infrastructure Team working with Network, DevOps, Product Owners & Architects in migrating from a traditional On-Prem estate (co-location data centres) to the Cloud and redesigning the WAN and LAN to better align to cloud technologies.
- Act as a subject matter expert, responsible for supporting, deploying and making decisions for the enterprise network.
- Ensuring the overall network meets the required Cloud and On-Prem, operational and compliance requirements.
- Ensuring the network is always running optimally whilst monitoring networks for performance in line with agreed internal SLA's, and vendors are within their SLA's.
- Ensure the network capacity is meeting the future and existing requirements.
- Maintain all security and software patching processes within the network environment
- Support of all virtual network appliances
- Manage Azure connectivity and application protection services, ExpressRoute, Virtual Network, VPN Gateway, Azure Firewall, Network Security groups
- Manage Office 365 Phone System and on-premise PBX
- Providing recommendations on protocols and services by conducting research to further develop the developments
- Providing data reports such as performance statistics and development strategies/road maps for maintaining the Azure network infrastructure.
- Preventing system failures by proactively monitoring the network and identifying the root cause with the aim of resolution.
- Translate requirements into appropriate plans with time and costs whilst maintaining Agile & ITIL principles.
- Previous experience supporting a Data Centre Migration to the cloud (Preferably Azure Cloud)
- Proven Networking based technology (LAN/WAN/SDN)
- Strong understanding of the OSI model (Open Systems Interconnection).
- Proven experience working with traditional On-Prem and Cloud technologies
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex network switching and routing issues.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Meraki and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Proficient in troubleshooting with packet capture tools and network protocol analysis.
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools in a large-scale environment.
- Understanding of multi-tiered SLA management, Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this role or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me or send over your CV.