£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Competitive Package
etwa 1 Monat
Summary of Role
Our client is seeking an experienced Release Manager to join their DevOps team as a full-time member. You will be responsible for identifying and agreeing the contents of releases with relevant test resources and managing the schedule and deployment of releases. You will also be responsible for coordinating deployments of our client's software products.
This role will work closely with both Software Development, QA and IT Operations groups to ensure that the final releases are up to organizational standards and are released successfully without negative impact to our Clients.
In exchange they are offering a state-of-the-art training and involvement in cutting edge projects. If this is something you are interested in, apply now!
Essential Job Duties:
- Identify completed items of functionality that will be included in a release from the incident management system
- Produce a release note, clearly indicating the functional items included in the release and their fix status which is updateable through each phase of the release
- Communicate with the QA team to confirm the contents of a release and follow up based on their testing to indicate items of rework
- Agree the final release contents with the client based on development and QA team feedback and produce a final release note
- Coordinate with the client QA teams and the in-house development operations team to ensure deployments are scheduled at a suitable time
- Provide ongoing communication of deployment progress to all stakeholders
- Coordinate SMEs required to resolve deployment issues that may arise
- Evolve and improve the release process
- Previous experience gained whilst working as a release manager, or in a position with similar skill sets and responsibilities.
- Experience using JIRA
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills of self and others
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of continuous integration concepts
- Experience using Jenkins & Git
- Awareness and some working knowledge of automated deployment tools
- BS or BA Degree, preferably in Computer Science and previous related experience; or equivalent combination of education and or experience required.
- ITIL certifications preferred