£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + competitive package
seit 6 Monaten
Our client is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Security Engineer to join them as a full-time member. You will be responsible for ensuring that security events and vulnerabilities within the IS environment are monitored, analysed, and responded to in an appropriate manner.
In exchange they are offering a state-of-the-art training and involvement in cutting edge projects. If this is something you are interested in, apply now!
Infrastructure Security Engineer
The Infrastructure Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring that security events and vulnerabilities within the IS environment are monitored, analysed, and responded to in an appropriate manner, which will often include working with the broader technical teams to accomplish.
This position involves critical duties and responsibilities, which must continue to be performed during crisis situations, and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Chaucer is a leading specialty insurance group providing clients with proven smart risk solutions for underwriting and claims. Our enterprising and trusted experts offer market-leading cross class capabilities, empowered decision-making and a tailored approach.
With our headquarters in London, and our international hubs for Europe, MENA, Latin America and Asia, we protect clients in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. We offer clients the flexibility of both Lloyd's and, through Chaucer Dublin, the company markets.
Monitor Security Operations Centre (SOC) generated security events and alerts
- Perform initial analysis to determine security events and alerts requiring immediate response and escalation
- Triage confirmed security events and alerts, in coordination with Tier 2 and Tier 3 network and infrastructure engineers, following documented procedures
- Develop processes and response procedures to improve overall SOC functions
- Develop, refine, maintain, and regularly test Chaucer's Incident Response Plan
- Monitor external data sources to maintain currency of information security threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
- Maintain both internal and external vulnerability scanning tools and report on their findings
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years providing tier 2+ infrastructure support in a Wintel environment
- Moderate exposure to infrastructure security concepts
- Expert understanding of all Windows operating systems (server and desktop) required
- Strong understanding of networking administration and troubleshooting (e.g. TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, and WiFi)
- Strong understanding of information security principles as it relates to system, network, internet security (i.e. ports, protocols, system hardening and system functions analysis)
- Strong understanding of security and network incident response protocols
- Good understanding of malware, including APT and other emerging threats
- Good understanding of firewalls and IDS/IPS systems
- Good understanding Citrix platform
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- Intermediate understanding of virtualization
- Intermediate understanding of databases (SQL in particular)
- Microsoft certified
- CompTIA A+, Network+
- Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC, GCIH, CISSP
- Strong desire to learn more about security as it relates to networking and infrastructure
- Structured, organized, self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Good at working both independently and in teams
- Adaptable to a pressured, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and flexible