High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
seit 9 Monaten
- Head of Operations - Operations - Manufacturing - Electronics - Head of Operations -
Our client, an electronics manufacturing company is looking for a Head of Operations to join the team to come in and be responsible for the entire manufacturing process and manage overseas outsourced suppliers. You must have manufacturing and operations experience!
The company's prestigious UK headquarters at High Wycombe with a distribution company in the US. In High Wycombe there is a dedicated research & development facilities, manufacturing processes, demonstration suite, warehousing, management, sales and customer support offices.
General Position Summary:
- Reporting to the Managing Director, and with direction from the Chairman, you will have responsibility for the entire end to end manufacturing process within the business.
- You will work closely with an overseas outsourced manufacturing supplier, ensuring they adhere to the company's levels of satisfaction and quality.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities:
- Implement the 'roadmap' to drive forward improvements in process systems, including, but not limited to, measurable productivity improvements in the manufacturing operation.
- Calculate and prepare cost control charts, to include labour cost per unit produced, efficiency savings with respect to materials, and the ratio of materials to labour.
- Reduce and optimise working capital (within your control) including inventory (raw, WIP, finished)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic engineering (desirable) with significant experience within the manufacturing sector, ideally with overseas outsource experience in Asia
- You will be skilled in managing a widely dispersed business team involved in R&D, innovation and operations.
- Demonstrated 5-10 years of successful experience as a Leader in an operational supply chain leadership role covering all required areas (procurement, operations, planning, logistics)
- Proven track record in setting a long-term vision and driving it forwards to improve productivity performance, quality, and financial performance.
- Ability to establish and interpret performance metrics
- Intimate knowledge of process control systems and change management.
- Experience in implementing MRP or ERP systems;
- LEAN and/or Six sigma experience.
- Understanding of industry regulations, including all EH&S.
- Knowledge of Quality systems such as ISO9001:2015, and ISO14001:2015.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present strategic business plans and/or metrics to Board level.
- Commercially astute, with the ability to translate operational performance to financial performance.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to make tough decisions to drive the business forwards, and motivate team members as and when appropriate.
- Able to establish meaningful KPIs for staff and equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, whilst also being a team player
- Ability to work effectively as a peer with senior management
- Understanding of plastic mould tools, sheet metal processing and finishing
- All aspects of electronic manufacturing