City of London, London
£500 - £600 per day
seit 12 Monaten
My client, a London based Asset Manager are looking an Intersystems Caché / IRIS developer to join their data development team within the Engineering function to develop, implement and maintain solutions for their enterprise data distribution platform.
Their internal system is a strategic data hub for enterprise data and derived or complex data services, in particular providing investment, accounting and reference data.
This is a senior developer role requiring extensive experience of the entire software development project lifecycle and with particular emphasis on database and data processing development.
Key Corporate Relationships:
- Other Data Developers
- IT Solution Architects
- Data Architects
- IT Project Managers
- IT Development, Business Analysts, QA and Operational staff
- Data Management Office
- Estimate development effort for assigned tasks
- Work with Business Analysts to clarify requirements when necessary
- Contribute to technical design of platform solution
- Develop and maintain high-quality solutions
- Work with other developers in a collaborative manner both within and across different workstreams, projects and programmes
- Create comprehensive automated unit and integration tests for all developed code
- Work with Test Analysts to assist with QA and UAT testing of delivered solutions
- Help transition into production including providing adequate technical documentation for production support
- Provide third line support for delivered solutions
- Best Practice
- Adhere to code quality standards for all development activities
- Contribute to creation and maintenance of best practice documentation
- Stay up-to-date on trends and techniques being used in the industry through research and apply this knowledge to systems being developed
PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
Technical Experience and Background
- Essential skills / tools:
- Must have proven track record of developing with Caché Objects / SQL and have good understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Must be expert level user of Caché Objectscript programming language.
- Strong SQL skills and experience of database performance tuning
- Automated Unit Testing
- XML / JSON and web services (Soap / REST).
- Deltanji change management toolset
- Intersystems DeepSee / BI / OLAP / MDX
- Data Visualisation
- Python or Java
- Containers (Docker)
Business Knowledge / Professional Qualifications:
Proven experience in development role, preferably with exposure to investment management or demonstrable business awareness from outside the sector