Up to £50000.00 per annum
etwa 1 Jahr
Provide a first point of contact to the business to enable efficient and effective restoration of incidents and requests for service (not requiring a desktop touch).
Responsibilities include initial assessment, prioritization, triage and resolution of incidents and requests regarding the use of business application software products and/or user technology components.
Collect information to users via phone, email or skype and follow procedures to resolve or transfer.
Monitor application batch processing, respond to core incidents and communicate system availability.
Escalate advanced or long-running cases to higher-level IT support specialists if unable to resolve.
Core duties to achieve responsibilities:
- Provide first line support to multiple teams across multiple locations, not restricted to IT, with a specialization in application software and hardware.
- Field incoming help requests received from end users, either via email, skype, walkup or over the phone; accurately logs all incidents and requests; resolve via remote access or agreed process; engage other service desk resources to resolve incidents; escalate or transfer to specialized support staff for all out of scope cases.
- Understand and support the data architecture as it relates to data sourced from 3rd parties and internal systems, as well as data required for business applications
- Provide clear communication and instruction to users on IT related issues
- Resolve incidents within Operations Level Agreement(OLA) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframes.
- Monitor application batch processing, respond to core incidents and communicate system availability.
- Install and configure computer software and hardware via remote tools.
- Perform user administration tasks such as password resets, user setup, adding or removing users to a distribution list on active directory and basic troubleshooting.
- Escalate advanced cases to higher-level IT support specialists and experts if unable to resolve an issue.
- Execute queries and scripts (particularly in SQL) to perform simple troubleshooting and use logical reasoning with a systematic series of steps to identify the root causes of incidents.
- Liaise with data providers and vendors to ensure delivery of files and service that impact business applications and data.
- Maintain a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude
- Maintain the technical knowledge base by creating, editing and publishing "How To" guides for future use.
- Provide after hours and on call support when needed.
- Adhere to support standards, policies and procedures.
- Share knowledge, ideas and best practices with other team members.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality with regards to all aspects of caller information.
- Assist IT delivery into production through limited testing of business applications and processes.
- Educate and encourage users to make use of self service and automation tools
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated (Relevant tertiary qualification)
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in querying data and establishing data anomalies.
- Understanding of investment management processes, terminology, systems and related instruments.
- Proven interest in Technology
- Experience working within a support environment is advantageous
- Installation and configuration of PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Phones, Printers
- ITIL Foundation v3 qualified (desirable)
- Service Now (or other relevant ITSM toolset)
- Business applications, including Front Office systems, CRM and reporting
- Microsoft Technologies, including Active Directory, Office, SQL
- User devices
- Software deployment, Altiris Deployment Server 6.9 or Microsoft SCCM
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, inside information, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance forms and declarations are completed and returned on a timely basis
- Ensuring timely completion of Compliance training
- Ensuring that you maintain appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels
- Ensuring you keep up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to your job responsibilities
- Ensuring regulatory, client and other corporate records are maintained
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected and that advised best practices are followed to maintain confidentiality and security of all data
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, or complaints
- Reporting any possible concerns about conduct or unfair treatment of customers to Compliance
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime
- Being alert to possible wider Compliance and Operational Risk issues within the general business