City of London, London
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Competitive Package
seit 9 Monaten
We are looking for an experienced business intelligence developer to play a key role in the delivery of the IT Strategy for a market leading insurance provider based in the City of London. The role is within the IT Applications team to deliver new business intelligence and reporting solutions across the business. The role will initially focus on development of reports and Power BI applications for internal use with the aim to deliver solutions to underpin our digital strategy.
Developers play an important part in making our varied businesses more efficient and helping provide a better service to customers. Duties will include:
* Analysing, designing and applying changes to existing SSRS reports.
* Analysing, designing and developing new reports and Power BI applications
* Analysing, designing and developing ETL processes, data marts and data models
* Performing R&D
* Liaising with business users and suppliers
* Evaluating solutions to ensure they are efficient, cost effective and practical
* Ensuring standard methodologies are applied
This role will suit someone with a solid understanding in business intelligence techniques and practices using the Microsoft technology stack. The role is not expected to develop SSAS.
* 2 to 3 years commercial experience using SSRS, SSIS, Power BI, DAX
* 2 to 3 years commercial experience developing ETL processes or using ETL tools.
* 2 to 3 years commercial experience designing and developing data marts and data models to support efficient and self-service reporting.
* 2 to 3 years using SQL, T-SQL, Stored procedures (preferably on MS SQL Server)
* Strong technical and analysis skills, and an ability to work with users at all levels of seniority and technical ability.
* Evidence of developing Power BI applications and services.
* Able to work as an individual and as part of a team.
* Able to work to tight deadlines and timescales.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Familiarity with ITIL would be desirable but not essential.
* Familiarity of London insurance would be desirable but not essential.
* Familiarity of policy administration systems would be desirable but not essential.
* Familiarity of Sharepoint and MS Dynamics would be desirable but not essential.