£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
seit 14 Tagen
This role covers the support of key internal and external application (with a primary focus on Institutional Business applications). The primary system is SCOPE, which incorporates 80-plus modules utilising Java (Swing front-end) on both Weblogic and increasingly JBoss for a number of modules, as well as Centura GUI for other modules. Either Sybase stored procedures or the middle tier are used for the business logic. The system also provides functionality for transfer agency / unit management and asset allocation, and as such extends into the Investment Operations and Index Funds departments respectively.
- Support of the SCOPE application/system and its modules to deliver business functionality, whilst adhering to LGIM coding standards. Whilst most work will be support focused, there will be some involvement in development and provision of fixes or enhancements, as required.
- Maintain the integrity of systems or services within the remit by fully investigating all incidents and resolving them in a timely fashion. Ensuring all Incidents and Problems are accurately recorded and updated as per the Incident Management Matrix and SLA.
- Proactively highlight potential capacity, performance or operational issues and take preventative action where necessary.
- Advise business and/or technical solutions where possible, recommending the most appropriate and cost effective way forward.
- Assist with trend analysis, highlighting repeat issues and implementing solutions for permanent resolutions.
- Continually incorporate quality management, assurance, company security and best practices into all support areas to ensure services are delivered within agreed Business Requirements. Ensure proper implementation of changes in accordance with LGIM Change Management procedures.
- Maintain effective support processes for all software/systems across platforms.
- Provide technical support and advice to users. Liaise with other IT staff and/or with external providers as required to resolve complex hardware/software problems.
- Provision of support on a shift basis and out of hours support on a rota basis as and when required.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies: Java, Databases (Sybase preferred), Middleware (Soap/Xml/Messaging/RESTful services).
- Knowledge of JAVA IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Proven working experience in Java development.
- Knowledge of database query tools such as Aqua Data Studio or SQL Advantage
- Relational database development skills in Sybase 15.x
- Knowledge of Centura GUI